You are requested to read these Terms carefully before proceeding to access or to use the Services and Applications referred herein.
WeCare or wecare: refer to us/our healthcare services providers aggregation web and mobile applications and they may be used interchangeably.
Payment: refers to the settlement of or partial payment for WeCare’s Services.
Partners: refer to hospitals, clinics, pharmacies or individual WeCare vetted healthcare services providers who have partnered with WeCare to use its healthcare services aggregation platform.
Booking Request/Booking/Request: refer to a user’s request to book an online/telephony healthcare consultation or a request for in person visit at the professional premise of a WeCare healthcare services providing partner.
Use of the Services. By accessing, registering, and using the Services, you agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not wish to be bound by the Terms, do not access, register with, or use the Services. These Terms are effective from the date on which you first access, register or use the Services.
How to contact us. You can contact us by writing to [email protected] or through other contact channels provided on our website.
How we may contact you. If we must contact you, we will do so on the mobile number you have registered with or by writing to you at the email address you provided.
- Our contract with you
- How we accept your booking request. Our acceptance of your request will take place once you have successfully submitted your request to us and we accept that request, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- Providing the Services. Subject to these Terms, we agree to provide the Services to you using reasonable care and skill.
- Availability of the Services. You acknowledge that the Services may not be available, in whole or in part, in certain times, for technical or non-technical reasons.
- When we will process your request. We will use our reasonable endeavours to process your request within reasonable time after accepting your request. We will attempt to process requests promptly, however any booking may be delayed or cancelled for several reasons, including:
- Our efforts to verify your identity
- Usage restrictions imposed by our partners
- Telecom network down-time
- Our efforts to validate the information you provided as part of your request
- Our efforts to contact you
- Unavailability of requested healthcare provider
- Processing booking requests. We are not obliged to process all requests. When you submit a request to us, you are requesting that we process the booking to which that request relates on your behalf and are consenting to the execution of that booking. We may, at our sole discretion, choose whether to accept to process any booking request. If we decide not to process your request, we will notify you promptly of that decision and reimburse you any payment received by us in respect of the request in question. See clause 3 below for more detail on our right to suspect, refuse or cancel.
- Processing times. Booking confirmation/Healthcare service provider availability times quoted on our website and in these Terms are representative of ‘normal’ service and are not a guarantee of the timing of an individual booking and can be subject to rescheduling.
- Your obligations
Use of the Services. You agree that you will not access, use, or attempt to use the Services:
- unless you are at least 18 years old (or you have the consent of your parent/legal guardian), and you have the capacity to form a binding legal contract in any relevant jurisdiction; or
- in any way which violates (WeCare’s) use Policy.
- Registration. When you register with us, you agree that you will:
- at all times provide us with true, accurate, current, and complete personal information, and promptly update your personal information associated with your details when they change.
- at all times provide us with true, accurate, current, and complete evidence of your identity.
- provide us with any identity documentation reasonably requested by us to verify your identity.
- not register more than once with the same identity without our prior written approval.
- not allow anyone else to access your registration details.
- not use or attempt to use an anonymizing proxy (a tool that attempts to make activity untraceable) or any similar tool.
- keep your registration details and your communication with us or our Partners safe and secure.
- at all times provide us with true, accurate, current, and complete information as we indicate across all our applications is required to provide the Services effectively.
- The information you supply must be accurate and complete. When using the Services, it is your responsibility to ensure that all the information in relation to any request is accurate and complete before submission of that request. Once a request has been submitted, it may not be possible to change any details of that request. You will be given the opportunity to confirm the details of a request before submission and you must check those details carefully.
- Acting only on your own behalf. You agree that you will only act on your own behalf or on behalf of those under your provable care, and not on behalf of any other person. You agree that you shall not submit a request on behalf of a third person. If you intend to submit a request on behalf of a third person, you must notify us of your desire to do so and provide us with any additional information about that third person we may request to enable us to decide whether to process the request in question.
- These terms are not advice. You acknowledge that nothing in these Terms or in any other information provided on our website as part of the Services, nor should it be interpreted as, legal or other advice than for informational purpose.
- Other information. Blogs, videos, and other information than the Services provided on our website, applications or social pages with health content are provided for your information only, are free of any charges, and your perusal of such information is at your own risk.
- Our right to refuse, suspend or cancel
- Refusal and cancellation of Booking Request. We may refuse any Request or at any time for any reason (or cancel it where relevant), including (but not limited to) the following situations:
- where we are unable to verify your identity.
- where we are required to do so by any relevant law, or where we have reason to believe processing a request would violate any law; and
- where a request involves any individual or entity on restricted or prohibited lists issued from time to time by any relevant government authorities.
- where we believe the Services are being used or attempted to be used, for or in connection with illegal, fraudulent, or unethical activities or in breach of these Terms, or in breach of any applicable laws, rules or regulations.
- Suspension or termination of your registration. In circumstances where we have refused or cancelled a request or booking, and/or there has been any breach of these Terms, we may at our sole discretion temporarily or permanently suspend or disable your registration, and disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary
Your right to cancel
- No automatic right to cancel. Once we have received your request and your payment has been processed successfully, you do not have an automatic right to revoke it.
- We may attempt to cancel. We may, at our absolute discretion, attempt to cancel your request if you have informed us that you wish to cancel it. However, we may have, upon receipt of your request, already initiated an irreversible request for funds to be paid out to our partners, and therefore we cannot guarantee cancellation will be successful.
- Successful cancellation. Where we successfully cancel a request, we will use our reasonable endeavours to refund you within 7 (Seven) Business Days.
- Unauthorized use of the Services. If you have any problems using the Services or are aware of any unauthorized or incorrectly executed requests, you should contact us without delay at the email address provided in the Overview above.
- Cancellation and refund requests must be in writing. A request to cancel, or a request for a refund, must be submitted in writing to us and must have all the necessary details.
- We are not liable for the execution of requests based on incorrect information. If we have executed a request in accordance with instructions you provided to us, and that information proves to be incorrect, (WeCare) is not liable for the incorrect execution of the request.
- Where we execute requests incorrectly. In circumstances where we have executed a request otherwise than in accordance with your instructions and the information you provided to us, we will refund you the full amount within 7 (Seven) Business Days of the date the request in question was executed.
- Booking Service.
- Service availability. The Service is available for users in any part of the world seeking to obtain healthcare services from WeCare
- Suspending the Services. We do not guarantee that any of our applications, or any content contained therein, or the Services will always be available or be uninterrupted. We reserve the right to suspend or withdraw the Services:
- to deal with technical problems or to make technological changes.
- for business and operational reasons; and
- to update the Services to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, and we will try to give you reasonable notice of any such suspension or withdrawal.
- Inputting information for a Booking Request.
You will be required to input your mobile phone number or email address into the appropriate space on the web or mobile application when submitting a booking request. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have correctly inputted your mobile phone number or your email address. You will then be required to select the timing that you wish to book the service on, and you are responsible to avail yourself for the timing you have confirmed the booking request for.
- Price and payments
- Prices. Prices range from provider to provider and vary for online/telephony consultation and in-person visits.
- Where to find prices. Prices can be found under the healthcare provider’s profile
- When you must pay and how you must pay. For online/telephony consultation, we accept payment through bank transfers and with the payment systems integrated to our platform, but we do not accept cash. All payments are processed securely and transparently. You must pay in advance of the request being confirmed. For in-person bookings, our partners may require you to make payments via any of the accepted payment methods at their professional premises.
- Our fees. We charge a fee for the Services, but this is subject to change. Where we don’t charge any fees for a Service, it will be evident on the total amount you have to pay when ordering a Service. We will always use our reasonable endeavors to give you advance notice of any changes to our fees.
- Collection of information
- Customer identification program. We may require you to supply us with personal identifying information relating to you to comply with applicable laws. We may also consult other sources to obtain information about you where appropriate and not in violation of any laws.
- By accepting these Terms, you authorize us to make inquiries about you. By accepting these Terms and using the Services, you authorize us to make any inquiries that we may consider necessary to validate the information which you provide to us. This may be done directly, for example by us asking you for additional information or requiring you to take steps to confirm ownership of your mobile number and/or email address; or indirectly, by for example verifying your information against third-party databases or through other sources.
- Intellectual property rights
- All intellectual property rights in our web, mobile applications, call centers and the Services (and content therein) throughout the world belong to us, our affiliates, or third parties. All right, title and interest in and to the web, mobile applications, call centers, and the Services shall remain our property and/or the property of such other affiliates and third parties.
- You have no intellectual property rights in the web, mobile applications, call centers, or Services other than the right to use them in accordance with these Terms.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales (Booking Request/Service Provision) process.
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply platform Services, and your use of our platform to connect with healthcare services seekers is your responsibility, and the use of which is provided on as is where is basis. We will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We do not, in any event, accept responsibility for:
- any malpractice or damages to healthcare seekers/patients/users of any of our platforms caused by our healthcare services provider partners, their employees, affiliates, premises, or products during or after the Services that were initiated on any of our platforms at any time.
- any failure to perform the Services because of circumstances or events which could reasonably be considered as unforeseen and/or outside our control or because of our obligations under any applicable laws, rules or regulations; or
- any losses or delays in transmission of messages arising out of or in connection with the use of any internet or telecommunications service provider or caused by any browser or other software which is not under our control.
- You are responsible for all activities under your registration. You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for all use of the Services that occur under your registration, and for any breach of these Terms whether an unacceptable use occurs or is attempted, whether you knew or should have known about it, whether you carried out or attempted the unacceptable use alone, contributed to it or acted with others or allowed any unacceptable use to occur by omission.
- We only act on your authorization. You acknowledge that we only act on your authorization to book a Request submitted by you, and the healthcare-providing partner shall be solely responsible to you for the provision of the healthcare services.
- Right to cancel. You acknowledge that you will lose the right to cancel a booking request once you have submitted it and the consultation service has been fully performed by our partner healthcare-providing partners.
- Limitations. You acknowledge that our applications have limitations. These limitations can be technical, administrative, or otherwise. You will be notified through the Website by email or on your registered mobile as soon as reasonably practicable of any such limitations should they exist or come into existence and are suspected to affect your use thereof.
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organization.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of these Terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us from taking steps against you later.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by Ethiopian laws, and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Services in Ethiopian courts.